I can’t believe the month is half over and I am just finding out about this! I must do my research. How long has April been NGCM?
When I say that I am obsessed with grilled cheese sandwiches I am not lying. It has caused more than one argument between me and my husband. When we are out to eat and I don’t find anything interesting on a menu – Grilled cheese it is. “Try something new!” he always says.. Why risk something new and not like it when I can order a wonderful Grilled Cheese and it is a guarantee win?
I often get a little wild and like to add tomato and some ham. With much excitement finding out today was NGCM, I googled grilled cheese and picked my favorites!
A few years back Oprah picked Cafe Muse, restaurant right down the street from me, for making one of the best Grilled Cheese! I have had it and I have to agree. I may even stop in this week just to honor this wonder month long holiday!
- 1 slice Havarti cheese
- 1 slice mozzarella cheese
- 1 slice Danish fontina cheese
- 1/2 Tbsp. butter , softened (for best results, use high-quality butter)
- Honey from a squeeze bear bottle
- 1 tsp. fresh basil , chopped
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 slices bread (organic multigrain bread works best)
- Sauté pan large enough for 2 slices of bread