My top ten places in the US.
10. Houghton Lake, Mi – My All time favorite place to be. Largest inland lake in Michigan. We spent every summer at our grandparents house since I was born.
9. Louisville, Ky – If you ever have the chance to visit Louisville I recommend that you go. My sister used to live there and a dear friend from college still does. We try to make it to the Kentucky Derby each year. This is an event that you have to go to at least once in your lifetime! Don’t forget your big fancy hat!
8. Niagara Falls – Passing through on our way to New York we stopped on a raining afternoon. I feel I need to go back again to appreciate the beauty. It is crazy the amount of water that dumps over the fall.
7. Yosemite – As a child we went camping in Yosemite. From what I remember, the trees were huge and it got really cold at night. We also saw Half Dome.
6. Lake Tahoe – I have been during the winter and summer months. Once as a child and once after college. My uncle took me skiing, which I had not idea how to do. At the time I was very scared to go down those big mountains. The scenery from the chair lifts was incredible. You can see for miles and miles.
5. Wash DC – My sister lived outside DC and I was only able to visit her once before they moved. We did the tour of DC and all the monuments. Amazing. I highly recommend taking time to do a day trip. Stop at all the monuments and take in what they all offer. My favorite was FDR.
4. San Francisco, CA - I have family just outside of San Fran. I have been there twice, once when I was a child and after college. This city has so much to offer. I need to go back again to full appreciate it. Fishermen dwarf is a great tourist attraction. We did not visit Alcatraz, but when I go back I will.
3. Boston, Mass – Spent a day visiting this city at the end of summer a few years ago. We were in the are for a short weekend. I often mention this weekend to my husband as one of our favorites! We visited the Aquarium, toured Harvard campus and stopped at some of the local bars.
2. Kauai, Hawaii – Went for a wedding. Absolutely breath taking! This island does not have much of a night life, but that didn’t matter. We spent our days in the sun on the beaches and our evening hanging out under our Lanai. The funnest thing to see were all the chickens. They roam free like pigeons and are all over the island.
1. Round Pond, Maine – Spent a 3 week vacation here. The beaches, the air, and the sun were so clean. I often think back to this vacation and how I would like to go back some day. Fresh lobster every day!
What is your favorite city and have you been to any of these locations?
xoxo – Elizabeth