I have not been in the kitchen much that last couple months and even less in the last month. This past week I was filling a vase of flowers and noticed dust all over the faucet. As I leaned VERY close I noticed that the dust was moving ever so slowly. GROSS! What the hell are those! I found them all over the kitchen sink and on a couple things around the sink.
I wiped down the sink and faucet with Soft Scrub with Bleach and within seconds of wiping it away they were back. I immediately Googled my little problem “tiny white kitchen mites” and found a few articles. Some called it mold mites, or flour mites.
We were going away for Memorial weekend so I stopped at Home Depot to pick up some Damp Rid and a mold/mildew spray. I sprayed down the counter and put a few containers out. Hoping my problem was coming from moisture under the sink. We turned a fan on and went away.
When we returned our little house guests were still here. Frustrated I sprayed them with Lysol and wiped them away.. (they instantly came back) When I opened our food cupboards they party had grown! I pulled the garbage bin and threw out everything that was open. It did end up being mostly pastas, noodles, flours, mixes… So I Googled again… Maybe these little suckers are food mites…
I NEED HELP!! How do I get rid of these nasty tiny little bugs and have you ever had then.
UPDATE: After a lot of hard work, sprays, wiping and cleaning the damn little bugs went away on their own!
xoxo – Elizabeth