My husband was out-of-town this weekend, so I stayed in Friday/Saturday night and got lots rest and relaxation. I woke up Sunday morning ready to go. We had a fresh coat of snow on the ground, but the sun was shining so beautifully. I opened the blinds in every room so I could enjoy every ray of light.
Now, I keep up on my house cleaning chores, but there is something about the bright sunshine beaming in the windows that makes you really notice the spider webs, the dust on the back of the leather couch, and the dust bunnies in the corner.
This was the perfect time for a light spring clean. I set the TV to the 80′s music channel, cranked up the volume and went to work.
- Vacuumed around light fixtures, behind the TV and plants, and along the ceiling for spider webs
- Scrubbed the creases of the stairs with a TOOTHBRUSH
- Wiped down the floor boards
- Used furniture polish on the all over the house, making the floor very slippery in a few spots =0)
- Wiped puppy smudges from all windows that he has access to
- Decided the plant in the bedroom, which is fake, needed to be cleaned
- I even used a wet rag to wipe down the walls
I felt very accomplished when I was done for the day. Hopefully this very long winter with end soon. That one day of sun has me inspired. Spring is almost here. Walks outside, windows cracked, fresh smells! Oh – How I am patiently waiting!
What else do you do to keep the house clean?
XOXO – Elizabeth